from Joan Haynes, NMD
Winter Salad – Roasted Cauliflower, Dates, Red Onion & Parsley
Lettuce based salads can feel cold in the winter, this salad is lower carb, crunchy, and fresh tasting. Great for dinner or left over the next day for a packed lunch.
Recipe from Carmen at http://www.everylastbite.com
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup dates, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius)
- In a bowl toss the cauliflower florets in olive oil and then sprinkle with paprika, oregano and salt. Toss the florets with your hands to make sure they are evenly coated. Lay the cauliflower out on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and golden in color.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, in a bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, apple cider vinegar, tahini, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, remove from the oven and place it in a bowl along with the dates, red onion, pine nuts and parsley. Pour the vinaigrette overtop and toss until all coated. Serve warm or at room temperature.