Sweet Glazed Nuts
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoon honey, maple syrup or a combination
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cup raw nuts (pecans, walnuts or almonds)
- Preheat oven to 300o F.
- Lightly coat a cake pan or 8×8 Pyrex dish with ½ teaspoon of butter or oil or line the pan with buttered parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and honey in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until bubbly. Add nuts and toss well to coat.
- Spread nut mixture into baking dish.
- Bake until nuts are golden and syrup bubbles – about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to break up clumps.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly; remove while slightly warm with a spatula.
Variations: add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon or curry or ginger for varied flavor options.
Nutritional information: 2 Tablespoon serving size: 113 calories, 9 gm fat, 5 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm fiber, 2 gm sugar, 3 gm protein, 38 gm sodium