from Kara Ferguson, Finance Manager
I love Brussels Sprouts – and this is such a quick way to make them. Adapted from Whole Foods Market recipe.
- 1.5 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 30 to 35 minutes stirring/flipping once or twice. Cook until deep golden brown, crisp outside and tender inside. Loose leaves will be especially brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Rosemary Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary to Brussels sprouts before roasting. During the last 5 minutes of roasting, add 1/4 cup pine nuts. Stir well and continue roasting until Brussels sprouts are tender. Before serving, toss with 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprouts
During the last 5 minutes of roasting, add 1 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cup pecan pieces. Stir well and continue roasting until Brussels sprouts are tender.
Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
After roasting, allow Brussels sprouts to cool to room temperature. Toss with 4 cups baby kale mix, 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese and 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette