Preconception Screening for Autism – Taken from Dr. Melillo Book Autism: The Scientific Truth About Preventing, Diagnosing, and Treating Autism Spectrum Disorders–and What Parents Can Do Now
Are you worried that you are at high risk for having a child in the autistic spectrum and want to assess and then reduce your risk before conception here are some tips of things you can test for.
- Screen for Diabetes – Fasting Blood Glucose
- Lipid Panel – Cholesterol
- CMP – Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- CBC – Complete Blood Count with Diff & Ferritin
- Vitamin D3
- Thyroid : TSH, free T4, free T3
- CRP – C-reactive protein – To identify the presence of inflammation
If CRP shows up test for Th1 and TH2 to find out if the pro-inflammatory response or the anti-inflammatory response is out of balance.
Other considerations to test if it is warranted:
- Food allergy (IgE) & food sensitivity(IgG) panel and celiac disease
- ANA – Fluorescent Antinuclear Antibody – Auto immune deficiency markers
If any of these tests bring something up that needs address. Let us help get it back in balance through things such as diet, supplementation and/or NAET before conception.