Nutritional Services & Weight Management
A nutritional approach to health care benefits most chronic health conditions because our body is built from nutrients:
- Achy joints or arthritis
- Asthma, allergies and hay fever
- Autism or ADHD
- Autoimmune disease
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Chronic inflammation
- Food sensitivity or food allergies
- Gastrointestinal conditions
- Low blood sugar levels
- Skin conditions such as: eczema, acne, dry skin
- Thyroid conditions and adrenal fatigue
- Weight management
By learning to prepare and enjoy healthy food you can:
- Improve your energy
- Achieve healthy weight gain or loss
- Recover from food sensitivities
- Enjoy a wide variety of healthy foods
- Protect your family’s health
- Learn how to cook for dietary restrictions like food intolerances or allergies
Naturopathic Physicians have extensive training in optimizing health conditions through nutrition. Our approach involves whole food diets specific to individual needs and sensitivities.
Food Sensitivity Assessment and Desensitization
We help people discover, avoid and desensitize foods that cause symptoms in 3 different ways:
- Lab Testing – a variety of blood work is available to measure sensitivities and allergies
- Formal Elimination Rechallenge Diets – handouts and support
- NAET – food sensitivity testing and desensitization using muscle testing
– Find out if food are causing your symptoms.
Find practical guidance with Emily Richmond, ABT who has been working in the field of nutrition for 15 years. We highly recommend at least 3 visits to transform your nutritional goals into manageable lifestyle changes custom-made for your health needs.
Office Visits May Include:
Personal Grocery Shopping Tour – Hunting and Gathering in Your Natural Foods Store, Understand the aisles of the natural food store or your local market. Learn how to find wholesome, delicious products quickly and easily along with some time and money saving techniques. These valuable shopping tips can transform your grocery shopping effectiveness.
In-Home Pantry & Fridge Makeover – Are you confused by ingredients? Have you bought things you just don’t know what to do with? Do you want to upgrade your ingredients and revamp the shelves with wholesome whole foods? A pantry & fridge overhaul could be perfect to set you up for success on a new nutritional path.
Private-Cooking Sessions – Individual hands-on cooking instruction is perfect to empower and encourage you to take back your kitchen and create healthy nutritious meals. Whether you’re a beginner to cooking whole, natural foods or an experienced cook interested in new techniques and fresh recipes, private lessons will address your particular situation in an enjoyable, informative, creative program designed just for you. All dietary concerns and paths are honored, including omnivore, vegetarian, medical diets such as weight loss, diabetes, gluten- free, dairy-free etc.
- food and symptom history
- assessment of your nutritional well-being and knowledge
- goal setting
- development of a customized program
- lessons in shopping skills and menu planning
- creating a realistic plan based on your goals and lifestyle
- reliable resources for more information
- suggestions for supplementation
7- 21 Day Jump Start Healthy Weight and Wellness Program
The Jump Start program is a gentle and effective whole-foods, nutrient-dense, gentle cleansing program. A detailed diet plan as well as education and physician support are offered for those who want to get back on track to better health.
Emotional Freedom Techniques
Emily Richmond, ABT offers Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) a form of psychological acupressure. It is based on the same energy meridians used in traditional acupuncture and treats physical and emotional ailments using simple tapping with the fingertips to input kinetic energy into specific meridian points on the head and chest. This is done while you talk about your specific problem, such as: a traumatic event, an addiction, an illness, guilt, anxiety, grief or pain. After expressing and release the emotion you tap in positive affirmations to reprogram the brain. EFT can be used as a self-treatment, in a group or with an EFT practitioner for more difficult topics.