- 1 can (16 ounces) pureed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar or sucanat (or I use 1/2 cup maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch or arrow root to firm up the pie filling
- 1 package (10-12 ounces) silken/soft tofu
- 1 9-in unbaked vegan and/or gluten free pie shell
- Top with non-dairy topping
Preheat oven to 425 F
Blend the pumpkin and sugar.
Add salt, spices, cornstarch and tofu, mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
Lower heat to 350 F and bake for another 60 minutes.
Chill and serve.
Don’t use the low fat tofu, then the pie tastes like it was made with tofu.
This pie is so yummy, it will fool almost anyone.
Preparation time: about 1 hour + chilling time