by Joan Haynes, ND
In a blender add:
- 1 scoop of green powder
- 20 grams whey protein powder
- 1Tbsp up to ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1 teaspoon fractionated pectin powder
- Ice makes it more like a milkshake
- Stevia to sweeten. Flavored liquids add variety.
- Fresh or frozen fruit – an apple, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, mango
- Natural Extracts such as vanilla, almond, coconut
Dr. Joan’s Cancer Fighting Chocolate Chai Spice Mix
- Full of cancer fighting properties and darn tasty:
- ½ tsp or more of any or all of the following:
- powdered cinnamon, powdered or fresh ginger, powdered cardamom, powdered or fresh turmeric, powdered raw cacao (chocolate)
Benefits of your Daily Smoothie
- GREENS: Concentrated green powders contain numerous phytochemicals to support optimal nutrition. For example, one of these many phytochemicals, proanthocyanidins, are found in grape skins and seeds, and fruits and vegetables which kill cancer cells in studies. Nano Greens or Greens First are good brands. Look for low heat processed and mixed variety of nutrients. You can add fresh greens such as kale, spinach or parsley in the blender as well.
- PROTEIN: Whey induces phase II of your liver’s detoxification pathway to help clear toxins from your body. It increases the body’s major antioxidant – glutathione. It also provides protein for energy and cellular repair. Whey Cool and Terra’s Whey are good brands. Look for low heat processed from organic milk. Many people who are sensitive to whole dairy find they do fine with whey. Hemp, rice and pea proteins are also available.
- FIBER: The lignans in ground whole flaxseeds have been shown in several animal studies to reduce tumor growth and help prevent metastasis. Also the fiber in ground flax binds toxins in the gut and impedes reabsorption. The more the better but your bowels may need to work up to the higher dose of this fiber. Buy whole and grind in a coffee grinder.
- PROBIOTICS: Supplemental intestinal bacteria keep your bowel ecology healthy. Bacteria metabolize nutrients needed for immune function and detoxification. They are also associated with direct anti-carcinogenic effects. HMF Powder is a good brand.
- FRACTIONATED PECTIN POWDER: Also called modified citrus pectin, this fiber works to inhibit the spread of cancer and prevents the body’s immune system from becoming overwhelmed by an increasing cancer cell load. MCP molecules bind to receptors on cancerous cells, thereby preventing these cells from penetrating into nearby healthy tissues. Once this has occurred, the cancer cells circulate in the blood stream until they die or are eliminated. Look for the form used in the studies
- LIQUID: Water is fine. You may want a creamier shake with rice, almond, hemp, almond, or coconut milk. Avoid fruit juice due to sugar content.
When you are shopping for quality products, consider what we carry at Boise Natural Health. We guarantee what we sell and can help you customize your purchases.